Life is a Beach


Working hard on a beach themed store window. Today I clean out the window and put the finishing touches on a few beach projects. I have a large sail boat that is in a state of unfinished uncertainty...in other words not sure what to do with it. I made two wall hangings out of paper bags.


I rather enjoyed painting the wall hangings. Painting is not one of my strong points.

I cancelled our TV satellite for the summer. I had hoped that my daughter would read more and I would get more art projects finished. We lasted one month. After several days of being surly and mean, I wanted to just "veg" in front of the TV. So, I called Dish Network and  had service in three minutes. As I flipped through the stations I worked out why I was so surly. My house is in chaos. After I get through this week of window decorating, wedding decoration making and gathering supplies for the weekend Girl Scout trip, I'm dedicating two weeks to cleaning out my house. Every surface could use a good dose of soap and water. Even the dogs need baths!

I probably should make time to get tested for A.D.D. I found yet another project to try out. During Kelly Rae Roberts' Flying Lessons class she suggested doing blog challenges to keep your creative flow going. I am amazed by Bill Guffy's blog Virtual Paint Out. He picks some place in the world and artist drop in on it via Google Earth Map. Once you get down to street level you find a place to plaint. Have my spot in Hong Kong picked out.

I get up at the crack of dawn but the rest of my house sleeps in late. I think I might try to keep a small paint station by my computer. I can paint, then when the troops get moving clean my house. Yes, I have another project  on my radar. Just got an email that my Project Sketchbook 2011 sketchbook has been shipped. Still looking for a pan to make natural dyes in. My husband is back to using my loom as a clothes rack.   A.D.D?
Naw, I'm more like Sharpay in High School Musical Three. As I sign off I'm signing " I Want it All". ( And yes, I'm dancing too!)

Comments

Popular Posts