Messing Around with my Camera


I started experimenting with mixing and matching
 camera pieces to create unusual images.

My aunt gave me an Argus camera with some filters.


All the photos on today's post were taken with my cell phone.
I held a filter in front of my cell phone camera lens.
You can change a photo's color in a photo editing program
but like the image the old filters produce.


I'm not sure where I'm headed with this type of photograph
but I will be using the filters again.



I went to a flea market today searching for artistic
inspiration. I found this old metal toy gun.
It's a gun, a toy, its red and it's old.

One can make all kinds of statements with this gem..
it all depends on your point of view.


 I will admit since I bought the gun I keep singing
the song Pumped up Kicks by Foster the People.
You can find it on YouTube if you don't know it.
Just a warning, it's one of those songs that get stuck
in your head.

...All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You better run, better run, outrun my gun...

So not PC but, I sing on!










Comments

  1. Cool shots, but I didn't know you could change the lens on your cell phone camera. Well done! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just held the filter in front of the cell phone lens with the tips of my fingers. Holding the lens and pushing the OK button to snap the picture was not easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pictures and I like all kinds of guns and cameras. So, that means I liked your blog posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics and the find! I know the song and sing it in my head frequently! You are correct... Once it's in there, it is impossible to get out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those filters are great, good stuff coming from your creativity lately, hmmm now photo transfers and dyed paper bags, what could be happening there! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! You are one creative lady! And always finding brilliant ways to use the old.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it all, Jill. The toy gun is SUPER neat. I have 2 old toy guns, and I had to put them away because my 2 year old was smacking the neighbor kid with them- that some serious, heavy metal....poor kid. She couldn't outrun his gun- LOL! (love that song).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts